Friday, July 29, 2011

UK Twilight: Exclusive Interview with Judi Shekoni


UK Twilight: What can you tell us about the ‘Bite the Ballot’ campaign and your involvement with it and how you feel about the fact that 60% of young people in the UK eligible to vote in the last general election chose not to?

Judi: I know right? So 60% don’t vote, so that means the 40% who did, their parents have instilled in them or they go to schools that encourage them to. It’s a certain group who are voting and there’s another group who aren’t, those are the ones whose parents aren’t involved in politics or who don’t go to a school that encourages that, you know what I mean, so it ends up a kind of a bit one sided and we are not getting a good cross section of what the country wants.


UKT: How are you involved in the campaign?

Judi: My friend Catherine brought it to me because she’s been involved with them for a little while and she knows I have an incredible passion for education. A lot of education for me is self education where I did what I wanted in life, lived the kind of life I wanted. I just feel that what happens in the country is directly related to what happens politically, and because you need money to make changes. Anything that I can do to help that trickle down to the education system and those kind of changes are something I want to be involved with.

UKT: So, do you think being a public figure helps to raise the profile of the campaign?

Judi: Well you know, hopefully it will. I think Twilight is such an incredible phenomenon and I know that if there’s any way I can use any of my involvement towards it for the greater good, then I want to. I think more and more will understand that with politics it can be cool, it can be hip, and you should be involved with it, and in any way my career can help me establish that point then I’m happy to. It’s nice to talk – it’s good to talk about something I might actually be able to help with.


UKT: Moving on from Biting the Ballot to biting Vampires, how did you hear about the role in Breaking Dawn?


Judi: Well what happened was, I had already read all the books, and I’d seen the other films so I had a good awareness of the characters involved. I was a complete fan and then I saw the breakdowns. The breakdowns come out that talk about the different and they [the film makers] saw my manager to get me an audition. I felt really blessed because I already knew so much about the saga. I was already ahead of the game and then I think about what Stephenie [Meyer] wrote years ago and that was my physical type. When you read it, it’s similar to me physically and even energetically so there’s a bit of synchronicity in there as well – I was in the right place, I was in LA, I was right physically and I was able as an actress to convey the right character.

UKT: So, you’ve read the books, which one is your favourite?


Judi: You know what? I think I like the first one because it was when we were introduced – it was just that love between Edward and Bella that was just like – OH!, I want that!! I say that books make you believe in love again. Bringing it back to what we were just discussing. It’s about having that belief that anything is possible. You read the book and you believe that love is possible and you demand that in your life and from your partner. You can bring that into your life and it’s very inspirational, so definitely the first book because it makes you believe in love!

UKT: How did it feel being on set with a cast that has been together through 3 films?

Judi: I had to go to a casting first so I got to meet a lot of the people there. I had already had the experience from Eastenders of going into something that was settled so it was like I’d already done it once so I wasn’t really nervous. My time in America has lead me to have a degree of confidence in what I do and the way I carry myself. It was more about the material things like being in the Cullen’s house was just a bit bizarre. You know because I’d just pictured the whole Cullen house in my head and then I’m there and I’m sat around on my break and I can’t believe I’m there!

Read The Rest Of The Interview HERE

Via Team Twilight, Source

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...