Friday, June 29, 2012

Ashley Greene Interview On Her DKNY Campaign With @Fashionista_com

Exclusive: Ashley Greene on Shooting in the Freezing Rain with Peter Lindbergh for DKNY’s Fall Campaign
Photobucket
Fashionista DKNY’s Fall 2012 ad campaign documenting an uber-stylish girl-about-town’s adventures in the city that never sleeps. Twilight actress Ashley Greene, who’s been the face of the brand for a few seasons now, stars in the Peter Lindbergh-lensed campaign. The ads, which took her all over NYC–from TriBeCa to Battery Park to the Upper East Side–show her looking chic and urban; the ultimate sophisticated city girl.
We chatted with Ashley about shooting the campaign, working with Peter Lindbergh, and how modeling stacks up to acting (hint: Greene says acting is “more involved”). Click through to see what she had to say.
Fashionista: What was it like to shoot this campaign?
Ashley Greene: It was my first time shooting with Peter Lindbergh and we instantly clicked. He’s legendary, so I was humbled to have the opportunity to work with him on this campaign. It was freezing and raining, but Peter has this contagious, passionate energy that kept the shoot fun and exciting.
How is modeling different from acting? Do you approach it the same way?
Doing an ad campaign shoot or magazine publicity shoot is very different from acting. With photo shoots, I arrive, play dress-up and have fun with the fashion. With acting, I do an immense amount of prep work beforehand on the character, the scripts, just tons of research. Acting is a much more involved process. I love the creativity in both worlds, but in different ways.
What was it like shooting on the streets of New York?
It was great! New York is such a fast-paced, exciting city. Shooting amidst all of that is energizing. New York is a fashion mecca and I love the sense of individuality and creativity there.
Are you a girl on the go? How do you stay organized?
I keep a very detailed schedule. I love what I do and thrive on that fast-paced lifestyle. I feel lucky to be working so much because in the beginning it definitely wasn’t like this!
What’s your favorite spot in New York?
My favorite place in New York these days is Central Park in the summer. I’m currently in Savannah filming a movie called CBGB, but before I left, I’d go to the park to do work and let my dogs run around.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...