Friday, May 16, 2014

Director James Gray Talks About 'The Lost City of Z' and Filming Locations

Pitt was once attached to “The Lost City of Z.” Is there a flavor you’re going for?
Hopefully when we go into the jungle to film the movie will find its own language. It’s an epic movie and it’s very much in the 60mm epic style. That’s what the starting point will be, but I have a feeling it will get a little more hallucinatory than that. I have huge hopes and dreams for it. Adapting the book is difficult because you have to decide what to keep and what to let go. The main character, here’s a guy who did everything he could to fit in, and in the end maybe he didn’t, but he discovered something amazing. And that’s what something that moves me very much. That’s the thing that attracts me.

Are you still really trying to get your sci-fi film made?
I'm going to get that and “Lost City of Z” made. Those two are going to happen.

Where is “Lost City Of Z” going to shoot?
That would shoot in the U.K., probably Belfast, and Colombia. That's got Benedict Cumberbatch who's perfectly cast. I've raised the money for that, and I've raised the money for that and I may go do that in January.

The jungle sequences in Colombia?
Probably Colombia because they have—the lead character, he was actually in Brazil and Bolivia, but you can't possibly shoot there. The infrastructure, there's no ... when I went down there there's nothing there. Even Werner Herzog shot in Peru. Whereas when I went to scout in Bolvia—I mean you couldn’t shoot there. So, it looks like Colombia is a real option because it's the correct vegetation, it's the Amazon, it's a jungle, it's also got mountains and it's got indigenous peoples who are correct for the movie. So it looks like it's going to be there and then the U.K. segment is tough because London has really nothing going for it that is correct in terms of 1905.




Robsten Dreams  | Source | Via

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...