Monday, October 31, 2011

Sarah Clarke Talks To Say What News About Being Bella's Mom and Breaking Dawn


SayWhatNews: Sarah, you know I have to ask about "Twilight". You play Renee Dwyer, Bella Swan's mother. Had you read the books before you got the role? And how did you learn about the role of Bella's mom?

Sarah:
I read Twilight because Catherine Hardwicke asked me to. I loved the first book but have to admit that I was under-whelmed about the character of Renee. It was Catherine who convinced me that there was more to her. She grew on me as the movies went on, but I still find her lack of presence in Bella’s life very annoying.

SayWhatNews: Speaking of Renee's lack of presence in Bella's life...... Bella's mom really has no major part in her life when she moves to Forks except for emails and a few phone calls. As a mother, what are your thoughts on Bella and Renee's distant and some what hands off mother/daughter relationship?


Sarah:
Yeah it’s weird...being a mother of two girls myself I found it very frustrating...I finally had to make peace with it and decided that Renee was a different mother than myself. I also have to remember that Bella was 17..and not 3..so by then there is a lot more independence.

SayWhatNews: In 'Twilight Saga: Eclipse', we finally get a look at the bond Bella and her mother have when the two share a very special moment on the patio when Renee gives Bella a gift during her visit. Do you feel this was a key moment for the two characters?


Sarah:
Absolutely...I think the key to understanding their bond is that there is a mutual respect of personal and emotional space. Renee really does see Bella as an adult and an equal to her...that’s why she doesn’t crowd her.

SayWhatNews: "Breaking Dawn: Part 1" hits the theaters in November and fans are counting down the days. What has it been like for you to be part of such a phenomenal movie?


Sarah:
It’s been a blast.

SayWhatNews: In a recent interview, Taylor Lautner said he had watched "Breaking Dawn: Part 1" and was pleased with the movie. Have you seen it yet and if so what do you think?


Sarah:
No! How did he get to see it? I’m jealous.

SayWhatNews: I guess he knew someone inside. (lol) Sarah you have been in all the "Twilight" movies. What's it like experiencing the fandemonium that follows the movie with the "Twi-hards", Team Edward and Team Jacob and the Twilight conventions?


Sarah:
Nothing I ever expected.

SayWhatNews: The end of "Twilight" is near. Can you tell us how it was on the set the last days of taping "Breaking Dawn: 1&2"?

Sarah:
It was exciting and bitter sweet. I think a lot of people were really happy and sad to see it all end.

Source

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...