Monday, February 20, 2012

Robert Pattinson Chats 'Bel Ami' With Flicks And Bits

Based on the classic novel by Guy de Maupassant, ‘Bel Ami’ unites a top-notch cast of actors for a scandalous tale of high society 19th Century France. An erotically charged tale of ambition, power and seduction, the story chronicles the rise of penniless ex-soldier Georges Duroy (Robert Pattinson) through the echelons of the Parisian elite. Also starring Uma Thurman, Holliday Grainger, Kristin Scott Thomas, Christina Ricci, and Colm Meaney, ‘Bel Ami’ is directed by Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod. The film is set for release March 2nd in the US, and March 9th in the UK. Look out for a more in-depth interview with Robert Pattinson for ‘Bel Ami’ next week.
When you first read the script for ‘Bel Ami,’ was there something you could find relatable with Georges motivations, something you could latch onto?
Robert Pattinson: When I read the script, it was a long time ago, and I was pretty young – I think I’ve changed a little bit since (laughs). But when I first read it I did like the idea….I immediately related to the idea that someone’s energy wasn’t about achieving some kind of goal. The only time Georges had any energy was when someone slighted him. Just for a little petty insult he would get the most enormous amount of energy that would drive him. That’s kind of how I was a few years ago (laughs). If someone insulted me, I’d get ten years of ambition out of it. I kind of understood that. That you create an empire just so you can sh*t on someone else. I think I’ve grown up a little bit now, I’m not as horrible (laughs).
Read more here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...