Sunday, May 30, 2010

Interview with Emily Haines from the Band Metric

Emily Haines is the lead singer of the band Metric whose song, Eclipse (All Yours), is on the Eclispe Soundtrack.
Interview Magazine has an interview with her.


Here is an excerpt:

NIKA: You recently announced that Metric wrote the theme song, “Eclipse (All Yours),” for Twilight: Eclipse. How did you get involved with the biggest pop cultural franchise of our time?

HAINES: It was one of the most out of the blue things that could ever happen. I got a call from Howard Shore–who scored Lord of the Rings and David Cronenberg’s Naked Lunch–and he invited me to write a song with him for the movie, which is totally different than simply contributing a song to the soundtrack. I immediately said yes. It was an amazing experience. I watched the scenes; I’m not an actress, but I was speaking for Bella, in a way. I didn’t know much about the series going in, but I didn’t need to be a fan.

Share

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...