Monday, March 28, 2011

Robert Pattinson Ready to Shape Up, Lose Weight; Here's How

Could “Twilight” hunk Robert Pattinson pull a Christian Bale? The latter lost more than 60 pounds for the movie “The Fighter,” and Rob will have to get down to 6 percent body fat to play Eric Packer in “Cosmopolis.”

How does he plan to do it? For starters, he says he’ll have to give up his favorite drink. “If I could just cut out beer, that’s my one thing,” says the English actor.

Rob says he also plans to start by giving up his favorite junk foods.

“I’m playing one of those masters-of-the-universe types, and I have to have about 6% body fat, which means I need to lose about 70%,” Rob, 24, joked.

Check out Rob’s photos; click to enlarge.

“I’m so excited, and I’m freaking out. I have no prep time, and it’s a Don DeLillo book with semi-obscure dialogue, and I have to change my body shape quite a bit.”

The lanky 6’1″ Pattinson, is no fan of exercise, yet he hit the gym for his shirtless honeymoon scenes in “Breaking Dawn,” which he’s currently filming with Kristen Stewart and Hollywood hunk Taylor Lautner.

Can he do it again?

“At the beginning of [Breaking Dawn] I had to be really buff because I had to have my shirt off. And when I start [getting fit], I just go crazy about it,” he says.

“It’s like the only thing I can talk about to anyone. So I was like, ‘I’m going to keep this up the whole time, so for whatever movie I do afterwards I’m going to be so buff,’” he adds.

“And then literally one day after my last shirt-off scene I started being all [mimics pigging out] ‘nom, nom, nom.’

“And I didn’t realize I had one more [shirt off] scene, and you can see it in one of them – I’m clearly [sucking in my stomach].”

As for Bale, while preparing for his role as drug addict and former boxer Dicky Eklund in “The Fighter,” he lost one-third of his body weight.

He credit running, sometimes up to two hours at at time to shed the weight.

Bale did the same for the “The Machinist” and for “Rescue Dawn.” In the former, he lost 63 pounds, only to bulk up for his “Batman” movies.

So if Rob needs any motivation, that would be it.

“Breaking Dawn, Part 1″ comes out in Nov 2011. Part 2 will follow next year.

Via Source

Share
Twilight

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...