Saturday, July 28, 2012

Anna Kendrick talks ‘Pitch Perfect’ with Buzz Sugar

The upcoming musical comedy Pitch Perfect boasts a funny trailer, writer Kay Cannon of 30 Rock, and Elizabeth Banks and her husband as producers. Oscar nominee Anna Kendrickstars as Beca Mitchell, a college freshman who reluctantly joins an all-girls competitive a cappella group. Brittany Snow, who showed off her musical abilities in Hairspray, also joins a cast that includes the hilarious Rebel Wilson of Bridesmaids and Adam DeVine ofWorkaholics.

I traveled to the Baton Rouge, LA, set of Pitch Perfect last November and caught up with Anna and Brittany between takes of a competition scene. I found myself dancing along while watching the women perform their a cappella mashup of “The Sign” by Ace of Base, “Eternal Flame” by The Bangles, and “Turn the Beat Around.” Somehow, those songs worked together!

Just keep reading for my conversation with Anna and Brittany, who told me that songs by Coolio and Etta James are among their favorite to sing.
You show off your singing skills in this movie. What’s your favorite song to sing?

Brittany Snow: My karaoke go-to is “Gangster’s Paradise” by Coolio. That’s what I usually do, and B-52′s “Love Shack.”

Anna Kendrick: I like that song. My answer sounds stupid now, but that Etta James song “I Just Want to Make Love to You.” When she says, “All I want to do is cook your bread,” it’s this weird reverse sexism thing that makes me . . .

Brittany: What? She what?

Tell me about your characters and their role in the singing group The Bellas.

Brittany: I play Chloe, an original member of The Bellas. She’s going to be a senior, and she takes over the reigns to bring in new Bellas. She is kind of the optimistic one. She likes the group of misfits that we encounter and is more positive about the diversity of their expertise, even though sometimes it’s a little weird. She thinks it’s funny, and she really likes Beca, Anna’s character, and they have a connection from the beginning.

Anna: I play Beca, and I come in sort of dealing with some anger issues. I think a cappella’s pretty lame, but I’m really interested in music. I find myself coming around to it and staying for the girls more than anything.

Read the rest HERE 



Via Team Twilight

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...