Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ashley Greene New Outtakes for Nylon Magazine + Preview Interview

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Ashley Greene is going to be on the 2012 August issue of Nylon Magazine:
We're (still) in love with our August cover girl!
  • The success of Twilight may have transformed Ashley Greene's life and career, but now she's ready for something new. Mikael Wood interviews the 25-year-old actress about her latest projects, including the ghostly thriller The Apparition.

On trying to de-stress before auditions. I got [to my casting], and there were cameras all around me. Everyone's so obsessed with celebrity, I think more than ever before. It's the instant gratification of it -- the tabloids an the Internet and the camera phones. We're just so infatuated with it that basically everyone is a stalker. I was like, "Just let me do my damn job!"

On believing in ghosts (or not): That was one of the more difficult aspects [while filming haunted house thriller The Apparition], because I try to make everything as realistic as possible; I want to experience what the character is experiencing. So to make myself believe there was something after me...it was a dark time.

On keeping her waitressing gig after booking Twilight: I was working at the Belmont Cafe in L.A., got the call, and two weeks later was rehearsing. Right when I was cast, my IMDb STARmeter [a chart that tracks actors based on how many searches are done on them] went through the roof -- all of ours did, and we hadn't even done anything yet!. I asked my boss if I could have my job back after the shoot. He was like, "I don't think you'll need it but OK."

On drawing from life experience for characters:
Growing up, I didn't have a hard life. Luckily, people are not the greatest in L.A., so once I got here and my heart was broken and people stabbed me in the back, I could use that to feel vulnerable.

On being typecast post-Twilight: It's not like, 'Oh, you're the quirky best friend-slash-sister'. There's no stereotype with Alice. And she doesn't really look anything like me, with the pixie cut and the white makeup. So to be put in a box, I'd kind of have to do it myself. And I'm not going to do that.



Via Gossip_Dance, todotwilightsaga

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...