Friday, May 7, 2010

News Guardian Reviews “Remember Me”

Robert Pattinson shines in a roll very different to Twilight

I HAD no idea what to expect from Remember Me.
I thought maybe a dark version of a Nicholas Sparks type story.

And in that respect, I suppose, I was close – but it was nothing at all like what I expected as this is a film that is both heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.

Tyler (Robert Pattinson) is a bit of a rebel, still coping with his older brother’s suicide several years earlier, he has a tense relationship with his dad (a rather snotty Pierce Brosnan), and a very close relationship with his little sister Caroline (Ruby Jerins).

When Tyler and his best friend and roommate Aidan (Tate Ellington) try to break up a fight, they end up getting arrested and Tyler gets beaten up by one of the policemen.

Later Aidan sets up Tyler with the policeman’s daughter Ally (Emilie de Ravin) in order to get back at the copper who attacked him.

But Ally is struggling with a tragedy as well, and the two become drawn to each other in a series of really endearing moments.

The ending – which I won’t even hint at – came as a complete surprise to me.

I was sat watching the film, and enjoying it nonetheless, when I found myself thinking, how can this end?

And then it did – and I was utterly shocked, and saddened.

You really have to watch the film to see what I mean, but it will be both sad and uplifting at the same time.

Share

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...