Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Interview with Breaking Dawn Part 2 cast member Amadou Ly

Page to Premiere exclusive interview with Breaking Dawn – Part 2 cast member Amadou Ly

His Golden Eyes (HGE):  I’m with Amadou Ly who is playing Henri in Breaking Dawn, Part 2. Now Henri is a new character. Can you tell us anything about him?

Amadou Ly: Definitely. Henri is a French vampire, and the great part about it is that he is not in the books so the fans are going to embrace him for the first time and see what the French vampires will bring to this lovely, gigantic franchise. I’m really excited for him. I think that’s about as much as I can tell.

HGE:  I saw you tweet the question – Which side is Henri on? Can you tell us? (Amadou had asked on twitter the day of this interview: Which side do you think the FRENCH VAMPIRES are on???)

Amadou: *laughter* I can’t tell you that, but he’s definitely going to be one of those characters that the fans are going to love. While playing the character I bring a lot of different components to it. He’s speaking with a French accent. There’s that sexiness. There’s that vampire evilness. There are different components within the character that I think…that hopefully, I think, will translate on screen that the fans will enjoy.

HGE:  So, any relation to Laurent?

Amadou: *laughter* I cannot tell you that.

HGE: You came into this franchise which has been going on for four movies and this is the last one where you character is going to be introduced. Can you tell me what it was like coming on to the set being with actors who had been with these movies since the beginning  and then a bunch of new characters as well?

Amadou: I was definitely nervous. I remember walking into that hotel for the first time and seeing all these familiar faces. I had to run in my room to walk it over in my head – just to process it. But it was a dream that was coming true for me. I’ve been working a lot just to establish myself as an actor, and now having the opportunity to work with Bill Condon, whom actually, his film “Dreamgirls” inspired me in the first place to continue overcoming my obstacles, and now at this stage in my early career having my first big gig to be working with him – it gives me chills. It’s lovely.
On set it was great. The actors, the previous vampires, were welcoming. They knew the game. They knew how nervous people can get, but they embraced us with open arms.  I had a lovely time working with Michael Sheen; and the other actors, whether its from him to Taylor (Lautner) to Rob (Pattinson), you know, everyone.  And I made friends within the cast. So I’m really happy I had a chance to work with all of them.

HGE:  Speaking of friends, we are here tonight for Marisa Quinn (Huilen).  Can you tell us a little about your relationship with her or working with her on the film?

Amadou:  Oh, most definitely. She’s amazing.  She came into Baton Rouge at a time where we were just all excited to be there. She came along with J.D. (Pardo, who plays Nahuel) and we all just…it was fun. We had all these artists that are very intelligent, that are true artist, that are well trained; and there’s just a huge appreciation in me when I see that in a person and I see that in her. She’s very intelligent and very caring too. She’s such a sweet lady and I love her. She’s amazing.

HGE:  She is great and we are excited to be here to support her tonight.  Are we going to see you at Comic Con?

Amadou:  I don’t know if you’ll see me at Comic Con, but I’ll tell you, whatever you see there that’s from Twilight must be exciting because it’s the last…bear in mind that it’s the last Twilight so I’m sure that if Twilight is going to be at Comic Con they’re not going to do it small. They are going to do it big if Twilight is going to be at Comic Con. So, you know what? Look out for that.

HGE:  Okay, we’ll remember the if, but I think it is going to be there.  So you were saying today that you saw the new teaser, and you said on twitter that people woke you up this morning. What was it like seeing the teaser of the teaser and how are you feeling knowing that tomorrow there is going to be the full trailer.

Amadou: Woo! Excited! See I get the same level of excitement as the fan. Today, 8 a.m. in the morning, my phone started ringing. There’s text messages. I was like, okay, did they show my face in the teaser? What is going on here?  Those were my personal Twihard friends. Then I logged into twitter and I mean, it was amazing – the excitement.  And I was excited. I couldn’t go back to sleep.  But I must tell you, for the first time it really hit me. I mean for the first time I tell myself, wow I’m in this thing that’s real, real huge.  I saw Michael Sheen and I just started imaging all these different shots and different takes that we did in different scenes and I just cannot wait for the fans to see it. Because I know they are going to love it! It’s going to be something that they’re going to remember for the rest of their lives. And I promise you that as we stand here. So tomorrow the trailer’s coming – look out for Breaking Dawn. You can’t miss that! It would be a sin to miss it.

HGE:  Well then we know you’ll be up at 5 a.m. tomorrow morning when it debuts online. Thank you so much for speaking with us and we definitely will see you in November.

Amadou:  Thank you. Listen, I’m really happy to connect with the fans via twitter and having that opportunity to connect with them directly – they have been so wonderful. So supportive.  And with the introduction of the French Coven they have been very open to it and excited to see what’s coming and we are as excited for them to see it. Just look out for it. The fans can reach me, @AmadouLy, on twitter and say “Hi” and I’ll say “Hi,” too.

HGE:  Thank you so much, Amadou.



Via Twifans, Source

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...