Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Peter Facinelli reminisces about Twilight, looks to future


In a new interview with Vanity Fair, Peter Facinelli looks back on 4 years of The Twilight Saga, moving on, and what’s next.
How did the cast celebrate the end of filming?
We had a wrap party in Louisiana so we had a crew there to say good-bye. And then I think we had a wrap party in Canada. But people wrap at different times, so by the time we got to the wrap party in Canada, a lot of the cast had been wrapped. It’s not like there was a big final day where everyone was gone. We shot the wedding scene last, which I think Bill [Condon] did on purpose, because almost everyone was in the wedding scene. We got to all say good-bye to each other on set, but it was like four o’clock in the morning, in the rain, after we had been shooting for like 16 hours. So everyone was diving for their cars.
But some other people, like me, Elizabeth Reaser, Ashley Greene, and Kellan Lutz—we had another two weeks in second unit. Then we thought we were done, but they added another two days. When we were finally done, we were like, “Is this really it?” I remember that I wrapped with Elizabeth Reaser. They told us we had wrapped, she screamed for joy, we hugged, and then we went out to dinner that night. It was nice.

What will you miss most?
The fans. There is something really special about Twilight fans where they all come together for the love of these books and this story. When you get all of these Twilight fans together in a room, it doesn’t matter whether or not they know each other. They all kind of are bound by this love and they become friends. You feel this energy. There are Twilight fans that I’ve known for years now that come to different events, and I’ll be like, “Oh, you got a haircut!” I know their names and they become members of this community. Then I’ll miss the cast relationships, because even though I might get together with one or two of them here or there, everyone is so busy. So I really appreciate moments like today and doing press sometimes because that brings the cast together. I was thinking that today, that this Comic-Con panel was probably the last time that the cast will be together in the same room.

Maybe there will be a big 10th-anniversary celebration.
I mean, it’s a big cast. I’m surprised that we were able to shoot these movies in four years and everybody’s schedules worked. I was doing Nurse Jackie, and at any time I could have been replaced because I was unavailable. For three years, I did Nurse Jackie and Twilight at the exact same time. It’s very rare that an actor does a big movie and a television show at the same time. But they were able to work it out.

Read the full interview here



Via Team Twilight

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...