Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Exclusive Remember Me Interview Part Two: Robert Pattinson on Twilight -Popsugar UK

Pop UK chatted to Robert Pattinson and Emilie De Ravin at the London premiere of their film Remember Me last month. On Tuesday we bought you the first part of the interview and today we’ve got the second! Read on to hear what Rob and Em have to say about why they chose to do the movie, megastardom, as well as Rob’s thoughts on his Twilight fans.

•Robert on what convinced him to sign up to Remember Me: “I think it was just I’d read tons and tons of scripts over the Summer after Twilight, I mean hundreds, and every one seemed exactly the same. This one, initially just how the dialogue was written, just seemed much more naturalistic than most things. Also Tyler as a character. I mean it seems like most movies that have a young, male protagonist as the lead, they have to be like either a virgin to begin with, and have to learn everything during the movie, or they go through the trials of the movie and end up a totally different person and they’re completely fine afterwards. But Tyler seems like he starts off with a lot of baggage and a very full-on developed character, and ends up just being developed in a slightly different way, rather than just becoming, ‘Oh, I’m fine now. After going through this movie, I’m fine’. And you just never see that in films very much, especially for young people. I think that’s what initially appealed to me.”

•Robert on whether there are pressures to film box office hits: “I never like anything, so it’s quite easy to decide what to do, you know, even movies I’m not in [laughs]. I’ve never felt any pressure to do anything particularly, even while we were shooting, I never thought about the box office or anything, it’s only when it came to promoting it that people ask you about that stuff. Obviously, it’s not like a Twilight movie, it’s an original screenplay and it doesn’t fit into any genre either. It’s not really that much of a feel-good movie; they don’t make movies like it anymore. I guess that’s how I really choose stuff, that’s the only real criteria I have, if there seems to be a gap in the market for something, then I try to do that. I’m trying to do that with all the other things I’m doing afterward too.”

Robert on how important the fan reaction is to his new films: “When doing films like this which are quite difficult to just generically advertise, having something like Twilight and Lost gives it publicity immediately. I think if people go and see it, once you’ve got them into the cinema, it’s almost inevitable that they’ll get drawn in to it, hopefully. Yeah, so I don’t know, obviously you hope people like things, but if you start doing stuff to please a certain audience, then you’re going the wrong direction. I mean, you don’t even know the people you’re trying to please, especially when you’re trying to please huge swathes of people, but hopefully they like it.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...